Simulation and Modeling Group
The focus of Simulation and modeling group is on basic and applied research in the areas of modeling, simulation and optimization including:
- modeling and performance evaluation of complex systems based on discrete simulation, stochastic petri nets and agent systems
- model analysis based analytical approaches and queuing theory.
Additional research area of Simulation and modeling group is ad hoc wireless networking with focus on:
- design of survivable ad hoc networks applying bio-inspired concepts such as Artificial immune systems
- design and implementation of novel applications
- Prof. H. Szczerbicka got the Distinguished Service Award from the Society for Computer Simulation International in June 2011.
- Prof. H. Szczerbicka
- was elected to the Board of Directors of the Society for Computer Simulation International in June 2009 and in August 2011.
- was appointed as a Vice President of the Computer Simulation International in June 2009 and in August 2011.
- is a member of the Board of Doirectors of ASIM, Society for Simulation in german speaking langauges.
More detailed information on our current and past research projects can be found under Research.